Who we are:
WeWork empowers entrepreneurs and small businesses to succeed by providing beautiful workspace, a collaborative community, accessible services and benefits. We're looking to create a digital experience that enhances the physical WeWork environment and create a parallel digital business.
We work in an open space, collaborate on solving interesting problems. We tackle problems ranging from how we bill and invoice our members, to developing a social network for our members, to developing custom mobile applications for our members, to near-field and touch prototypes to space specific applications that measure how much beer is left in the keg (of which we have on every floor of every WeWork building. yes, we're that type of company).
Quarterly events (skiing, halloween party, summer camp). See here to get a vibe about our culture & events: http://vimeo.com/48023398
Working with a team of developers who led initiatives at various web scale companies in rapid lean environment where ideas discussed one week are in front of our users in a few weeks.
What you'll do:
Be part of a team that is constantly experimenting with the latest touch, near field, mobile, and general "Internet of Things" technologies in our drive to make the WeWork environment feel alive.
What you'll be using:
Key Technical Attributes:
- 1yr+ of Ruby on Rails development experience
- 1yr+ of Ruby experience
- Knows more than 2 programming languages
- Computer Science degree
- Full stack development expertise. Rails, Ruby, ORM, Database (any), HTML5, JS and 3rd party API integration
- Mobile development experience (iOS, Android, PhoneGap or other)
- Has developed and integrated with 3rd party RESTful web services
- has developed complex algorithms
- Has done systems integration
- Quality centric. It's all about the little things
We’re looking for people with a:
- Great team / culture fit
- Awesome problem solving ability
- Has Raw intelligence
- Gone through CS fundamentals
- Have initiative / enthusiasm / passion
- Can teach / explain well
- Are a self starter. Takes initiative and ownership
- Can handle ambiguity
- Have a solid past performance / demonstrable skills